Saturday, February 27, 2010

Monday 24th February

After adjusting the skirt pattern following my initial toile draping to one side, I remade the toile.





Next I began to draft the ‘swag’ pocket section at the back. I initially tried to drape this section but found this impossible to do and ensure accuracy. So instead I traced off the back section from my draft and manipulated this by cutting into sections and adding extra into each section. The first draft of this section of the toile was far too small and didn’t draft accurately so I redrafted it.





Only when I attempted to attach this to my garment was it obvious something wasn’t right.

The toile seemed accurate until I inserted the zip which proved that in fact, the two back sections were not accurately matched.



Upon review of my draft, there was no more than a couple of millimetres out, however due to my inaccurate sewing the inaccuracies were amplified. Also the zip I used was incorrect and I made the decision to use an invisible zip instead to ensure a nicer finish to the full garment.

No comments:

Post a Comment