Sunday, April 11, 2010

Saturday 3rd April - Sunday 11th April

This week has been a hectic week.

I completed all the garments possible without my printed fabric early on this week so the collection is beginning to come together and I can actually see it becoming a reality now.

I then began work on my press pack which includes:
Press release
Garment care pamphlet
Price list pamphlet
Look book

I have kept the layout the same throughout the whole collection and have made it so that it is possible to update for future collections easily. These items are now at a point where all I need to do is simply drop in the photo shoots and the working drawings to complete them.

I intend to put my press pack into a little paper package which hopefully I will be able to make the paper myself and have ordered some stickers with my logo on to fasten these closed, as well as some square badges to use as a promotional tool.

I have recevied my printed fabric and have cut out all this fabric and have begun to manufacture all the items. Every item has been started. I am still waiting on the plain white cotton satin but that should be arriving early next week. I am struggling slightly due to my lack of presser and on some garments a steam iron simply is not effective enough but this is easily rectifiable.

I have also begun work on my final moodboard but this is still in its infancy stages.

After speaking with the embroidery company I have bough the fabric to be embroidered (black cotton satin) and as soon as I have cut out the sizes I will be sending this off for manufacture.

I have also ordered all the shoes for the collection as well as the spray paint to stencil onto them.

I also thought it would be a nice touch to have customised zip pullers so have sourced some small silver metal boom box shapes ones which will be arriving soon.

Everything is slowly beginning to come together.

No comments:

Post a Comment