Saturday, March 13, 2010

Monday 8th March

Today I worked on my skirt for outfit four.

After my last toile, there was something off about the back measurements so I re-checked all the measurements and discovered that a couple of them were slighty out so I amended the pattern and remade the garment. This time it was fully successful but upon the fit, I realised there was a need for some kind of slit the ensure that the model could walk properly so I added in a vent.






After this, I began working on my swag for the back section of the skirt. I managed to get the right amount of drape on it but it was about 2cm too thin.




Following the submission of the toiles for the critique assessment evening, my garments were selected to go on the alterntive fashion week catwalk in London.

http://www.lth-hotels.com/london_events/alternative_fashion_week.htm

So today we were also assigned the fabric for this. The fabrics are a collection of grey/silver tones.

No comments:

Post a Comment