Friday, March 5, 2010

Thursday 4th March

Today was a very long and stessful day.

I began by beginning my third toile for the jacket on outfit four whilst waiting for my tutor to come and advise me on outfit 3.

When my tutor arrived we assessed my playsuit and decided it would be beneficial for me to line the suit fully. So after recieving some direction, I lined the suit. When lined, I had a fitting with one of my colleagues. The fit was perfect, however upon showing my other tutor, she reminded me that the models will be around 5'11" rather than the shorter girl I was using so advised that I add in 5inches to the waist line and redraft the pattern. After trying the playsuit on a girl closer to the height of the model I will be using it became apparent how right she was. See below.




I redrafted the pattern and made a very basic toile to check the amendements.



From this toile, I decided the length was perfect, as was the fit however my tutor did not like the flared nature of the leg so I redrafted the pattern and am now in the process of making my fourth toile.

No comments:

Post a Comment