Sunday, March 28, 2010

W/c Sunday 21st March

Very long and productive week this week.

Monday 22nd March:

I spent the day discussing with the tutors the final design features of the collection. I worked on the collar and the hood on outfit 3.

The collar shape is very simple and through measuring the neck line I was able to draft the initial shape and after testing this toile, I added on the v-shape to ensure that it would attach properly to the v-neckline on the shirt. I redrafted this accordingly and make the collar, ready to insert it.

I then began drafting the hood. I chose to only attach the collar around the back, upto the side seams as it would have become too bulky around the neckline with the hood and the collar if a full hood. The inital hood I made, was too shallow so I added on extra depth and redrafting. From this I shaped the hood to fit with the design lines. I then inserted the hood, then the collar then the facing to add a neatness to the finished garment.

After this I spent some time working with my tutor to figure out the best way to insert my panel in the back of the playsuit on outfit 2.

Tuesday 23rd & Wesnesday 24th March:

Working towards getting all my toiles at a complete point so that I could take them to my tutorial to get approval for the next steps.

Wednesday 24th March:

I spent time working with the knit technician today to work out the number of rows and needles needed to make the cuffs for the trousers on outfit 3.




I arranged a tutorial to ensure that all my toiles where up to scratch before my final toile critique on Monday.

There were simply a few minor adjustments which needed making, including facings and not using a waist band on my trousers.

Thursday 25th March:

I worked on all the amendments as specificed by my tutors to get everything ready for Monday's toile critique. I managed to get all the amendments made.

Friday 26th March:

I worked to ensure that all my patterns and draft patterns are ready to lay plan and ultimately to cut out the pieces ready for manufacture. I also completed the patterns for the extra two outfits and made toiles for the coat for outfit 5 and the shorts for outft 6 to ensure the patterns worked correctly.

Saturday 27th March:

I spent all day planning my patterns ready for my real fabric. I also worked out how much of each real fabric I require.

No comments:

Post a Comment